1) Name 3 functions of the skin
2) What is the purpose of the fatty layer under the surface of the skin?
3) What is the name of the muscle that gives us “goose – pimples “?
4) The most numerous and widespread sweat glands are called the _______________ sweat glands
5) The _________________ sweat glands are found mainly in the armpits and in the genital area
6) Name the 5 layers of the epidermis
7) Name the two layers of the dermis
8) The blood vessels and sensory receptors are found in the (epidermis / dermis)
9) Choose the infectious skin conditions from the list below
acne vulgaris, age spots, athlete’s foot, bedsore, blister, boils, bruise, carbuncle, contact dermatitis, eczema, head lice, herpes, impetigo, liver spots, pressure sore, psoriasis, ringworm, scabies, skin cancer, skin tags, stretch mark, verruca, vitiligo, wart
1) Sensation, Heat Regulation, Absorption, Protection, Secretion, Vitamin D production
2) Energy store, insulation, physical protection against knocks
3) Erector pili/Arrector pili
6) Stratum corneum, stratum lucidum, stratum granulosum, stratum spinosum, stratum germinativum,
7) Papillary, reticular
9) Skin Infections: athlete’s foot, boils, carbuncle, head lice, herpes, impetigo, ringworm, scabies, verruca, wart,
You can find more information on the skin here
The skin is the largest organ in the body and this ITEC anatomy and physiology module will count as 5 cpd points for people trained in complementary therapies. At GM Tree Training we provide the ITEC Level 3 Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology Certificate but it is also possible to buy revision modules on each system of the body. 'The Anatomy and Physiology of the Skin' includes; film, workbook, online assessments, supplementary notes and self assessment questions. (FHT CPD Value = 5 Points) Price £9.50. It covers the following subjects: Structure of the skin, function, diseases and disorders.
The latter are important as many therapists such as beauty therapists and massage therapists work directly on a clients skin and may be the first person to notice any thing wrong such as a mole changing colour or becoming larger. Any good therapy training would cover how to address such issues discreetly and sensitively.
"The anatomy and physiology courses are very easy to use, you don't have to be a computer wiz. The tutor giving the lectures is very good and it feels as if your are sitting in the classroom with her. I like the fact that you are able to pause the films to complete worksheets and that you can go back and watch the films over again. Overall, it's a very good course and well worth the money."
- Yianna Ioannou -
GM Tree Training Ltd
5 Clumber Drive
Somerset BA11 2LG
T: +44 (0)203 553 1060
© 2021 GM Tree Training Ltd, All rights reserved