1) Name 3 functions of the skin
2) What is the purpose of the fatty layer under the surface of the skin?
3) What is the name of the muscle that gives us “goose – pimples “?
4) The most numerous and widespread sweat glands are called the _______________ sweat glands
5) The _________________ sweat glands are found mainly in the armpits and in the genital area
6) Name the 5 layers of the epidermis
7) Name the two layers of the dermis
8) The blood vessels and sensory receptors are found in the (epidermis / dermis)
9) Choose the infectious skin conditions from the list below
acne vulgaris, age spots, athlete’s foot, bedsore, blister, boils, bruise, carbuncle, contact dermatitis, eczema, head lice, herpes, impetigo, liver spots, pressure sore, psoriasis, ringworm, scabies, skin cancer, skin tags, stretch mark, verruca, vitiligo, wart
1) Sensation, Heat Regulation, Absorption, Protection, Secretion, Vitamin D production
2) Energy store, insulation, physical protection against knocks
3) Erector pili/Arrector pili
6) Stratum corneum, stratum lucidum, stratum granulosum, stratum spinosum, stratum germinativum,
7) Papillary, reticular
9) Skin Infections: athlete’s foot, boils, carbuncle, head lice, herpes, impetigo, ringworm, scabies, verruca, wart,
You can find more information on the skin here
The skin is the largest organ in the body and this ITEC anatomy and physiology module will count as 5 cpd points for people trained in complementary therapies. At GM Tree Training we provide the ITEC Level 3 Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology Certificate but it is also possible to buy revision modules on each system of the body. 'The Anatomy and Physiology of the Skin' includes; film, workbook, online assessments, supplementary notes and self assessment questions. (FHT CPD Value = 5 Points) Price £9.50. It covers the following subjects: Structure of the skin, function, diseases and disorders.
The latter are important as many therapists such as beauty therapists and massage therapists work directly on a clients skin and may be the first person to notice any thing wrong such as a mole changing colour or becoming larger. Any good therapy training would cover how to address such issues discreetly and sensitively.
"I think your system is fantastic, and is so much easier than being in class, mainly because it's possible to pause, take your time, and re watch. I find the tutor extremely engaging, more so than just reading typed words on a page. The system that I have watched has helped me recognise areas of weakness, and affirm areas of knowledge."
- Carrie Mitchell -
© 2021 GM Tree Training Ltd, All rights reserved