Sample ITEC Exam Questions
Published on 31st January 2022
Sample Anatomy and Physiology Exam Questions for your ITEC Certificate
Have a quick look at these questions and see if you can answer them. The answers are will follow next week. Happy studies!
1) What are the pterygoids?
- A Bone
- B Layers of skin
- C Muscle
- D Nerve
2) What is the structure of lymphatic connective tissue?
- A Fat cells containing fat globules
- B Yellow elastic fibres
- C Fibrocytes and mast cells
- D Semi-solid tissue with white fibres
3) Which of the following is not found in Haversian canals?
- A Blood capillaries
- B Lymph capillaries
- C Nerve
- D Muscles
4) The main function of parathormone includes to:
- A Maintain the level of calcium in the plasma
- B Maintain the balance of phosphorous
- C Regulate water absorption in the kidneys
- D Regulate the salts in the body
5) How often does the spleen contract to push the blood lack into general circulation?
- A Once per minute
- B Two to three times per minute
- C Four times per minute
- D Five to six times per minute
6) Which of the following is not a function of the spleen?
- A To destroy leucocytes
- B To form lymphocytes
- C To destroy thrombocytes
- D To destroy erythrocytes
7) What is the cause of Multiple Sclerosis?
- A Damage to the basal ganglia of the brain
- B Deterioration of the motor neurones in the body
- C Loss of the protective myelin sheath from nerve fibres
- D Paralysis of the face caused by injury or infection of the facial nerve
8) What is amenorrhoea?
- A Painful menstruation
- B Very heavy menstruation
- C Constant menstruation
- D Absence of menstruation
9) A person suffering from anorexia nervosa is someone who:
- A Binges and takes diuretics
- B Only eats two meals a day
- C Has a fear of gaining weight therefore will not eat
- D Regularly eats more food than is necessary
View all messages