The best way to revise for your anatomy and physiology course and exams is to answer questions and then check your answers. Take a while to see what you know about the urinary system by answering these questions and then checking the answers on google. Anatomy and physiology is not an easy subject and self assessment is a key part of revision to see what information has stuck and what else you need to learn. I took my anatomy and physiology exam over 28 years ago but the knowledge is still there- well some of it anyway because of the way i studied. I taught myself out loud all that I had just revised and then tested myself.
see how you get on with these anatomy and physiology questions;
1) The outermost part of the kidney is called the:
2) Which of the following is NOT a function of the kidneys:
a) Removal of waste from the blood
b) Production of ADH
c) Control of fluid levels in the body
3) Match the term on the left with the correct definition on the right
a) Pelvis i) Functioning unit of the urinary system
b) Medulla ii) Cup shaped top of a nephron
c) Nephrons iii) Inner part of the kidney
d) Bowman’s capsule iv) Expansion of the upper end of a ureter
4) Which of the following are NOT normally present in urine:
b) Fatty acids
d) Sodium chloride
f) Blood cells
1. Why is the right kidney slightly lower than the left?
2. What is the peritoneum?
3. What is on top of each kidney?
4. Name two structures which protect the kidneys?
5. Name the vessels which bring blood to and from the kidneys
6. Kidneys filter blood. What are the filtering units called
7. Which hormone controls the rate of kidney activity?
8. How does urine pass along the ureters?
9. What kind of muscle tissue makes up the bladder?
10. Which structure in the bladder lets us know it is time to urinate?
11. Why are women more prone to urinary tract infections than men?
12. What is the difference between a ureter and a urethra?
"The anatomy and physiology courses are very easy to use, you don't have to be a computer wiz. The tutor giving the lectures is very good and it feels as if your are sitting in the classroom with her. I like the fact that you are able to pause the films to complete worksheets and that you can go back and watch the films over again. Overall, it's a very good course and well worth the money."
- Yianna Ioannou -
GM Tree Training Ltd
5 Clumber Drive
Somerset BA11 2LG
T: +44 (0)203 553 1060
© 2021 GM Tree Training Ltd, All rights reserved