Test your knowledge - answers are provided below, good luck!
Put these in order in which blood flows through them from the heart:
1. Anterior tibial
4. Plantar arches
5. Posterior tibial
2. Palmar arches
1. Mesenteric (superior)
6. Mesenteric (inferior)
2. Name a leg vein that does not have a correspondingly named artery
3. Name 2 veins in the neck that do not have correspondingly named arteries
4. Name 2 veins in the arm that do not have correspondingly named arteries
5. Name the major artery in the neck
6. State which chamber of the heart:
a) Receives blood from the lungs
b) Receives blood from the systemic circulation
c) Pumps blood to the lungs
d) Pumps blood to the systemic circulation
7. Choose the correct blood vessels for each statement: -
a) Carry blood to the heart
b) Allow transfer of nutrients and waste products between blood and tissues
c) Carry blood away from the heart Choose from:- i) Arteries ii) Veins iii) Capillaries
8. What are the names of the two main veins, which enter the right atrium of the heart?
9. Choose the correct figure. The heart beats at an average rate of (50/75/100/120) beats per minutes.
10. Where does the heart muscle get its own blood supply from?
11. Where is the tricuspid valve found?
12. Give three major factors influencing blood pressure.
13. Blood pressure can be expressed as two numbers e.g. 120/80
a) What does 120 represent?
b) What does 80 represent?
1. Blood flow
Order in which blood flows from the heart:
Iliac, Femoral, Popliteal, Anterior tibial /Posterior tibial, Plantar arches
Subclavian, Axillary, Brachial, Radial /Ulnar, Palmar arches
Aorta, Hepatic, Splenic, Mesenteric (superior), Renal, Mesenteric (inferior)
3. Internal and external jugular
4. Cephalic, basilica
6. left atrium, right atium, right ventricle, left ventricle
7. a) Carry blood to the heart Veins
b) Allow transfer of nutrients and waste products between blood and tissues Capillaries
c) Carry blood away from the heart Arteries
8. Superior and inferior vena cava
9. Does depend on age and fitness
10. Coronary arteries
11. Between right atrium and right ventricle
12. Cardiac output, arteriole resistance, total blood volume
13. a) systole b) diastole
You can find more information on the Cardiovascular System here
Anatomy and Physiology On-line e-course
Gill Tree Training
"I'm really enjoying your Anatomy and physiology courses- a fantastic way to learn! Love the video lessons and the worksheets are a brilliant idea too. The whole thing makes learning fun and interactive rather than having to do copious amounts of reading followed by a multiple choice quiz!"
© 2021 GM Tree Training Ltd, All rights reserved